Your Ultimate Guide to Taking a Ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca: Everything You Need to Know!
Are you planning a trip to Mallorca from Barcelona? A ferry ride is definitely the way to go. Not only does it offer incredible views of the Mediterranean, but it’s also practical and time-saving. Here is everything you need to know about taking a ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca.
There are several ferry companies that operate between Barcelona and Mallorca. The most popular ones include:
- Balearia: This company offers several trips a day.
- Trasmediterranea: This is one of the most famous companies in Spain, and it operates around three trips a day.
- Acciona: They offer ferries every day of the week during high season.
The ferry schedule and prices usually vary depending on the season. During peak season, which is from June to September, the prices are likely to be higher than in the low season, which is from October to May. On average, the cost of a one-way trip ranges from €30 to €60 for adults and €15 to €30 for children under 12 years old.
If you want to save money, it’s best to book your tickets in advance. Ferry companies usually offer discounts for early bookings, round trips, and for purchasing tickets online.
The duration of the journey also varies depending on the company and the type of ferry. The average travel time is around seven hours. Some of the ferries have cabins, restaurants, and entertainment facilities. This means that you can relax and enjoy the ride instead of feeling cramped and bored.
To make your journey more comfortable and enjoyable, we have some tips for you:
- Dress comfortably: The temperature inside the ferry can be unpredictable, so bring clothes that can accommodate both cold and warm weather.
- Bring snacks and water: Although most ferries have restaurants, it’s always a good idea to carry some snacks and bottled water. This way, you won’t feel hungry or dehydrated during the ride.
- Carry a power bank: If you plan to use your phone or laptop during the trip, bring a power bank in case you can’t find any charging sockets.
- Plan your arrival: Once you arrive in Mallorca, it’s important to know how to get to your final destination. Plan ahead and book a taxi or arrange a car rental in advance.
Traveling by ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca is a great opportunity to admire the beauty of the Mediterranean Sea while enjoying a comfortable journey. Check the ferry companies and prices, plan your trip in advance, and get ready for an unforgettable experience.