How is life in the suburbs?
- How is life in the suburbs?
- What are the disadvantages of the suburbs?
- Where to live in the suburbs?
- Why settle in the suburbs?
- How to describe a suburb?
- What are the disadvantages of living in the city?
- Where to live near Paris?
- What are the disadvantages of living in the suburbs?
- What are the services near the suburbs?
- Why go into exile in the suburbs?
- Why can Parisians opt for the suburbs?
One of the advantages of eastern suburbs superior air quality. The fact that there is less people per square metre, more green spaces and fewer cars mean that pollution is much less important. Happiness for the lungs!
Subway, work, sleep If you move to suburb and that you work in the city, getting to work may take you longer than if you live in a big metropolis. You may have to spend long minutes in traffic or on the bus.
In suburb Parisian, there are many cities where life is good….
- Maisons-Laffite (78)
- Le Vesinet (78)
- Saint Gratien (95)
- Le Pecq (78)
- Raincy (93)
- Vincennes (94)
- Seals (92)
- Suresnes (92)
Green spaces. If the big urban centers offer numerous and magnificent parks, the suburbs also offer many green spaces and outdoor centres. Some suburbs are even near forests and inspiring natural spaces!
The suburb, sometimes also called the inner ring, refers to the urban belt that surrounds a central city. It is made up of the surrounding municipalities of the city-centre, formerly former extramural suburbs, and gradually attached to them through urban sprawl.
Smaller accommodations. In the city, you have less space and often you don’t have a garden or a balcony. So, to enjoy the sun, you always have to look for a park. In times of coronavirus, this disadvantage was much heavier than in normal times, even prohibitive for some.
Live in the green and 30 minutes from Parisit’s possible !
- Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Gif-sur-Yvette and Maisons-Laffitte form the top three.
- Les Yvelines, star of the TOP 10 of the Palmarès where to settle in the greater Parisian crown.
- To make the best choice, clearly define your expectations.
Oh yes it’s true, Paris is such a pretty city, so lively and animated, which offers so many possibilities. And it’s also true that there are quite a few drawbacks to living in the suburbs rather than in Paris (transportation, the lack of choice for going out, etc.).
Increasingly, suburban municipalities offer services nearby. Within a few minutes by car, a resident often has access to a pharmacy, a grocery store, a medical clinic and various shops.
But of course, suburban noise is not comparable to urban buzz. Space, please! One of the advantages of going into exile on the outskirts of large cities is access to larger spaces for a lower price, whether it is the living area or the size of the yard.
These thousands of installations in the countryside of Seine-et-Marne or Val-d’Oise, poorly connected to the capital, lead to the forced use of the car (and too bad for CO2) and the destruction of natural spaces . Because Parisians are not the only ones to opt for the suburbs. There are also… suburbanites!