How to find the register of a text?
- How to find the register of a text?
- How to justify a register?
- How to recognize a lyrical register?
- How to use registers in a comment?
- How to differentiate the registers?
- What characterizes lyricism?
- What is a laudatory register?
- What are language registers?
- What is the difference between supported register and current register?
- What are the different registers of a work?
- What is the difference between the marvelous register and the fantastic register?
The registers literature give a certain tone to a text : they aim to make the reader experience various feelings. The main registers are the comic, the tragic, the lyrical, the satirical, the epic, the fantastic. The same work may have passages of different registers.
Processes and characteristics:
- Lexical field of emotions and feelings (affective vocabulary)
- Strong punctuation.
- First person personal pronouns (→ expressive function of language)
- Metaphors and similes, hyperboles, antitheses, apostrophes, etc.
- Work on rhythm.
The main processes lyrics are :
- the lexicon of feelings and emotions;
- expressive punctuation, interjections (Alas!) and apostrophes (Ô nuit…);
- figures of speech such as anaphora, hyperbole, metaphor…
The registers group together the effects of the text on the reader. So the registers literary define a reaction or an emotion that the author wishes to convey to his reader. Like figures of speech, it is an essential point for analyzing a text.
the register current is the one we use in everyday life. It corresponds to a neutral, correct language, but without research. Example: He bought a nice car. the register supported is above all that of literary works.
1. Literary genre characterized by the exalted expression of feelings, of passions. 2. All the characteristics of a literary or artistic work evoking poetry lyrical.
laudative is a term to qualify words praising a presentation that values the qualities of a person or that would place them above the norm, and this in a totally sincere and disinterested way with respect to the individual quoted.
Thus, there are three language registers: the current register, the sustained register and the familiar register. The current register is the one we use in everyday life. It corresponds to a neutral, correct language, but without research.
The sustained register is mainly used in writing or in the most formal situations. It is the most sought-after, the most sustained way of expression in French. We have an appointment with relations at 8 p.m. for dinner at the restaurant. The current register is the use of everyday language, it is the most usual.
The main registers are the comic, the tragic, the lyrical, the satirical, the epic, the fantastic. The same work may contain passages from different registers. It arouses laughter or smiles. We distinguish the comic of gestures, character, situation and words. misunderstandings and puns…
Marvelous register Definition and functions: We speak of marvelous when the supernatural mixes with reality. Unlike the fantastic register, the presence of the supernatural is accepted as such by the reader (for example in fairy tales).